The Pinwheel block is again quite simple and setting the foundations for more complex blocks. In this block you will learn how to put triangular pieces together.
- 2 fat quarters of complementary or contrasting colours (I would recommend using the colour combinations used for your four patch block as these form the basis of your sample quilt).
- Matching thread.
- Sewing machine.
Block templates and my selection of fabric:
- Templates are available on no3quiltstudio craftsy store.
- If you notice, I have continued my amethyst theme but this time I have used a printed purple fabric to make my block interesting.
Cutting your fabric:
- Step 1: Cut out your template as shown in Lesson 1.
- Step 2: Layout your fabric in readiness to cut your template as shown in Lesson 1.
- Step 3: Pin your template in readiness to cut the fabric as shown below.
- Step 1: If you notice I have marked the blocks 1 and 2. So please join the two triangles together at the diagonal side and then join all four blocks in a similar manner.
Tip 2: If you will notice in the picture I have nipped the corners where the blocks will join at the centre. This will lessen the bulk of the fabric at the centre of the block.
Note for participants: all the course material produced on for this course is the property of No 3 Quilt Studio. Please ensure that this material is not distributed without the my permission.