The making of the Camellia Quilt

The Camellia Quilt started out with my obsession for the Meadow Flower block.  I love all things floral and this block attracted me as the centre of the block was in the shape of a flower.  However, the road to making the quilt was not going to be easy as in my naivety, did not see the pitfalls of ‘Y’ seams.   The original quilt is made using ‘Y’ seams and took me a while to master it, but you know what they say: “Challenges are what make life interesting”, so here we are with the completed Camellia Quilt!  Hope you guys like it!

By growing through that challenge, I thought surely there is an easy way to why not try and simplify the block and that’s what I did.   So as you can see in the second block, I cut through the intersecting squares to make it easier to achieve this block.   I guess there are more seams to work on but after testing the block out it works out quite beautifully achieving the same result in the end.  So no more ‘Y’ seams!

You can see the changes to the block below:

To purchase the Camellia Quilt Pattern please go to No3 quilt studio craftsy store.  Thank you!

A big thank you to my pattern testers:

Camellia Quilt made by Jyoti Dave

Camellia Quilt made by Lannie Householder

Camellia Quilt made by Shamala Prasad

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you make any version of this quilt please do share on No3 Quilt Studio Group on facebook, I’d love to see your creation!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.