Piece of fabric to cover the back of your cushion top;
Measuring tape; and
Measure the top width and 3/4 of the side of your un-stitched cushion top as shown in the diagram below.
2. You will now have two rectangle pieces of fabric, measuring the top width of your unfinished cushion top x 3/4 height of the side of the unfinished cushion top. For this tutorial they will be referred to as back piece 1 and 2.
3. Take back piece 1 and fold one of the long edges to one and half inches and iron. Turn it in by a quarter inch (approximately) and sew in a straight line as shown in image 1 below:
4. Take back piece 2 and again fold one of the longer edge, about 3/4 inch and iron to flatten it. Then turn and sew in a straight line as shown in image 2 below:
5. Take the top side of the cushion cover and lay it on your worktable surface, front side up. Pin the back piece 1 to the top of the cushion cover.
6. It’s now ready to be sewn on the sewing machine as shown in the images 3 and 4 below. Sew on all three side making sure you secure the thread by doing back stitches at the start and finish.
7. Take back piece 2 and pin to your cushion cover as shown in the image 5 below. Sew on all three side making sure you secure the thread by doing back stitches at the start and finish.
7. Once you have sewn both the back pieces to the top side of the cushion cover neaten the edges by doing a zig zag stitch all around the cushion cover.
8. Then snip the corners carefully as shown in the image 5 below. This helps remove the bulk in the corners when you turn your cushion cover inside out.
9. Your cushion cover is ready!
If you like this tutorial please share and kindly acknowledge my blog when doing so 🙂